Theory Accelerated Course
- Minimum age of 9 years old
- Possess performing skills in their chosen instrument at a level similar to the ABRSM Grade 3 and above. If the student is unaware of what their playing ability level is, please consult his/her instrumental teacher.
- The student must already know how to read most music notes from a score
- If the student is 10 years old and below, there must be a commitment of parent supervision at home and in class
What will be achieved:
- The student will have sufficient theoretical knowledge to sit for an ABRSM Grade 5 Theory examination
- The student will learn the fundamentals of music composition.
- The student will learn to understand the theory of music better, enabling him/her to sight-read the music scores better.
- The student will have the basic theory knowledge to be applied upon future Aural Skills
Duration: 18 months